The Jute Bowl is a woven beauty!
Use it to hold your fruit in the kitchen; remotes in the lounge; or to store your favourite bits and bobs. The sheen of our naturally blonde jute mixed with naturally-dyed charcoal fibres will always make it a pleasing piece to have close by.
Hand made - from start to finish - by women in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh, The Dharma Door's woven bowls are a thoughtful addition to any home.
- 35cm round x 26cm tall
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Completely hand-stitched with organic cotton thread
Naturally dyed charcoal fibres
- We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust bowl has been crafted to last however the natural charcoal dye will fade in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your bowl or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt or dust.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your bowl as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your bowl. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.