We love how a circular rug softens hard edges and adds a new dimension to a room. The Shahi Round Jute Rug is sure to bring plenty of natural warmth, texture and character to any space.
Surprisingly soft underfoot and 150cms in diameter, this handwoven small jute rug will sit beautifully in a child's room, home office or small living room. The natural fibres of jute are durable, making this rug perfect for high traffic areas.
This timeless round rug has been handmade by Fair Trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. The women carefully plait rows of natural jute and hand stitch them together using needle and thread.
- 150cm diameter
- - Plaited jute fibres
- The circle is crafted by plaiting rows of jute, which are meticulously hand stitched together with jute thread.
- - Our rugs are crafted entirely by hand with natural jute and special care is required to maintain their beautiful appearance.
- We suggest regular vacuuming of both sides of your rug to keep it fresh and free of dirt build-up. Occasionally take your rug outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge deeper dirt particles that your vacuum may not extract.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight or heat as this will discolour the jute fibres.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your rug as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist rug cleaning professional.
- You may choose a rug protection treatment prior to installing the rug in your space to prolong the life of your rug and minimise discolouration. We recommend MicroSeal, who are experienced in treating jute rugs and offer a DIY kit or a professional treatment service.