The Joti Round Jute Basket is a large, low storage concept that is designed to be placed on the floor. The natural blonde tone and beautiful handwoven texture allows it to be easily layered into your home decor, while adding functional storage in any room.
The wide diameter of the Joti Jumbo is an ideal size to hold a couple of cushions or throws; as a catch-all in an entryway; for firewood; or to store a collection of children’s toys. Paired with a suitable cushion it even works as the perfect sleeping spot for your favourite four legged family member!
Each woven basket is crafted by hand stitching row-upon-row of natural jute braids. The women who make our baskets in rural Bangladesh receive training, support and fair prices for their skills - authentic Fair Trade in action.
Looking for something a little larger? Try the Joti Round Jute Basket - Jumbo
- 50cm diameter x 20cm high
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with cotton thread
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last. Jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.