The natural tones and textures of our small rectangle Jute Basket make it to easy layer into your home decor, while adding functional storage to any room.
One of our most practical and popular sizes, style this natural jute basket under a console or bench in your entryway as a catch-all for those everyday bits and pieces. Or use it for storing books & magazines, toys, towels in the bathroom, for open kitchen storage, scarves and shoes in a walk-in robe, firewood…the options are genuinely endless.
Each woven basket is crafted by hand stitching row-upon-row of blonde jute braids. The women who make our baskets in rural Bangladesh receive training, support and fair prices for their skills - true Fair Trade in action.
- Base: 35 x 25cm
Variations in dimensions may occur due to the handmade production of this item. Please keep this in mind if selecting this item to fit in joinery or shelving.
The handles on this basket are flexible and can sit upright as per the image or be folded down
Flexible sides make this basket larger than its base measurement
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with cotton thread
- We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you lightly vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.