Introduce darker tones into your home with the Charcoal Laundry Jute Basket. Naturally-dyed, the deep charcoal colour of this basket pairs beautifully with warm timber, grey stone or terrazzo tiles and polished concrete.
Designed to be functional, use this basket to hold your clothes between washes in the laundry or bathroom, to display a large bold-leaved plant or for storing exercise equipment. However you choose to style, the Charcoal Laundry Jute Basket combines purpose with style and the handwoven jute will add a layer of texture to your space.
This tall woven jute basket is hand made – from start to finish – by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. An age-old method of tannin, sourced from local seeds and leaves, and iron rust is used to naturally dye the natural jute fibres our much-loved charcoal tone.
- 40cm diameter x 52cm tall
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Naturally dyed charcoal fibres
Hand stitched with cotton thread
- - This robust basket has been designed to last. The natural charcoal dye will fade in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.