New to our collection, our natural Palm Fibre Pata Tray, a beautiful way to introduce woven texture to your home. Timeless and functional, the Pata Tray will look great layered with tones of timber and chalky whites, paired with earthy ceramics and linens. Also available in a smaller drinks tray size.
Handmade by Fair Trade artisans in a village community of Bangladesh, each piece is assembled by bundling kaisa grass; wrapping them in fine strips of date palm fibre and coiling and weaving them into shape. The women who make these pieces work from home and a genuine Fair Trade partnership ensures they are paid fairly for their time and skills, among many other benefits.
- Tray: 50cm diameter x 7cm high
- Hand harvested and bundled kaisa grass (inside the palm fibre)
Hand stripped palm fibre is wrapped around the kaisa grass as they are coiled and woven into shape.
- - Our palm fibre trays may lighten slightly as the fibre ages.
- To clean, we suggest you shake or vacuum them to dislodge dirt or dust.
- They are robust and will withstand minimal condensation however for heavier water-based spills, blot with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible and allow them to dry. Do not rub stains or spills from your tray as this may spread the stain and loosen the palm fibres. Please note that oil-based or brightly coloured spills may not be easily removed - we recommend trying the above methods with a gentle eco-friendly cleaner.