The uses for this basket are endless. Loaded with natural texture and purpose, we use them for all manner of storage - including plants, toys or towels for your guests. Soft to the touch, these baskets are also strong enough to hold large chunks of firewood.
The Round Jute Basket is handmade - from start to finish - by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. An age-old method of tannin, sourced from local seeds and leaves, and iron rust is used to naturally dye the fibres for our much-loved charcoal tone.
As pleasing as they are practical, The Dharma Door's natural baskets have been carefully crafted to stand the test of time.
- 38cm round x 25cm tall
Size may vary slightly due to its handmade nature
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with organiccotton thread
- - This robust basket has been designed to last. The natural charcoal dye will fade in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- If you're putting a potted plant in this basket, remember to place a plastic tray underneath the plant pot to collect water.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.