Perfect for magazines, scarves and toys, the Small Jute Basket is a gorgeous way to store those items you want to keep close at hand.
The basket is handmade - from start to finish - by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. An age-old method of tannin, sourced from local seeds and leaves, and iron rust is used to naturally-dye the natural fibres our much-loved charcoal tone. Two strong and sturdy handles added to the basket show off their stunning skill.
As pleasing as they are practical, The Dharma Door's woven baskets are a beautifully natural way to settle both storage and style.
- Base 35 x 25cm
Flexible sides make this basket larger than its base measurement
- Naturally-dyed charcoal jute
Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with cotton thread
- We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however the natural charcoal dye will fade in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you lightly vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.