The Sona Rectangle Basket offers a beautiful natural woven storage option for your home or office.
Ideal for holding toiletries, rolled towels or toilet rolls in the bathroom, scarves and belts in the bedroom, napkins and cutlery for entertaining, children's toys on shelving in playroom...the options are endless. This handy woven basket is carefully handcrafted from start to finish by fair trade artisans in a remote, rural community of Bangladesh.
Brimming with natural warmth, character and our trademark textural touch, The Dharma Door woven baskets are the perfect way to settle both storage and style.
Looking for more? Pair this basket with the Sona Square Basket Duo to store smaller items or the Sona Square Basket to cover all of your storage needs in style.
- Large - 42cm long x 26cm wide x 18cm high
Please note, the sides are flexible and the basket may appear slightly larger at the top.
- Hand twisted jute & hand weaving
Hand crafted jute macrame handles
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your basket with towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last. Jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.