Your laundry, linen and firewood never looked so good! The Large Charcoal Striped Jute Basket is a captivating way to keep things in easy reach.
The basket is handmade from start to finish by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh. An age-old method of tannin, sourced from local seeds and leaves, and iron rust is used to naturally dye the fibres for our much-loved charcoal colour. The women plait, coil and weave long strands of jute, before stitching the rows together using needle and thread. Two strong and sturdy handles show off their stunning skill.
As pleasing as they are practical, The Dharma Door's woven baskets are a natural way to settle both storage and style.
- Base 50cm x 36cm
Flexible sides make this basket larger than its base measurement
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
Hand stitched with cotton thread
- - We always ship our baskets folded flat so they will need a little assistance to find their shape and to stand up properly. Jute is very pliable so where there are creases, fold them back onto themselves. You might need to do this a few times to the point where the creases almost disappear. We then recommend stuffing your baskets with a blanket or towels for a couple of days so they can find their shape.
- This robust basket has been designed to last however the natural charcoal colour will fade in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake or beat it to dislodge dirt particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket. We recommend MicroSeal who offer a DIY protection and cleaning kit suitable for jute fibres.