The Loveness Drum Pendant Light will introduce a touch of raw luxury to any space. Crafted from natural Ilala palm, this large pendant will add beautiful texture and character to your decor, while casting a bright light above and below and a dappled glow through the slatted sides.
Our eye-catching pendant will work well as a hero piece above a dining table, in multiples over a kitchen island; or to illuminate a favourite corner of your living area. This piece is also perfect for adding warmth and personality to an entryway and works beautifully hung on either side of a bed. However you choose to style your Loveness Drum Pendant Light, it has been crafted to a high standard for you to enjoy in your home for many years to come.
If you prefer a neutral palette and lots of white, this stunning handcrafted piece help to layer textures and tones in a room. When combined with natural linens, warm timbers and other woven items, it contributes to a feeling of effortless style and a relaxed upscale resort vibe.
Inspired by the traditional Ba Tonga community and the contours of their surrounding landscapes, these pendants are handmade by a of women artisans in Zimbabwe. Each piece is woven using the locally-available Ilala palm around a wire frame. The wire frames are handmade by a small-scale welder. To source these pieces, we have partnered with an ethical craft organisation that is supporting these craftswoman through training, development and finding international markets for their skills.
Please note that the electrical cord, lampholder and ceiling rose are not included with this piece - click on HANGING for more information.
Looking for a different shape? Try our Tonga Pendant Light - Slatted or Kariba Cone Pendant Light - Slatted.
Pair this pendant with our gorgeous Thando Wall Sconces in the same woven design to create a cohesive style throughout your interior.
- - Approx 46cm diameter x 30cm high / 18in wide x 12in high.
- Please note that minor variations in the dimensions are inevitable due to the handmade nature and natural fibres of this pendant light.
- - Handwoven Ilala palm (unvarnished)
- Handcrafted strong wire frame
- Handmade by women artisans in a small village community in Zimbabwe.
- To source these pieces, we have partnered with an ethical craft organisation that is supporting these craftswoman through training, development and finding international markets for their skills. They operate within and across many rural communities throughout Zimbabwe, and draw from a vast artisan resource built over two decades of working within these communities. The products are all handmade, and while the organisation maintains a high standard of production and quality control within the weaving groups, they equally celebrate the individual artisans and their craft.
- - Ilala palm is a natural fibre. As with all natural fibres, variations in colour and thickness may be apparent - we consider this to be part of the charm of handcrafted pieces and not a flaw.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum or dust your pendant light regularly.
- - We recommend using a licensed electrician to install your pendant light.
- To hang your light, you will require the following: an electrical cable or cord; a ceiling hook; a piece of chain or rope; a lampholder for a 40mm hole; and a ceiling rose.
- There are many options available for these hanging pieces. For example, to hang the Tonga light in the bathroom in our studio, we used a simple brass cup hook in the ceiling and some of our thick hemp twine to carry the weight, for the electrical cable we chose a beautiful linen cable sourced from Creative Cables and we painted a white plastic lampholder and a ceiling rose with gold spray paint.
- Or you may prefer something better suited to your interior style such as a black or white cable, silver ceiling rose, a thick piece of rope - whatever works for your decor.
- This pendant light weighs approximately 3-4kgs so be sure to use a suitable hook for this weight.